What is CLIA?
Watch this short clip to understand how CLIA’s global resources support our Asia members.
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the World’s largest cruise association and is dedicated to the promotion and growth of the cruise industry.
CLIA is the world’s largest cruise industry trade association, providing a unified voice and leading authority of the global cruise community. On behalf of its members, affiliates, and partners, the organization supports policies and practices that foster a secure, healthy, and sustainable cruise ship environment, promoting positive travel experiences for the more than 30 million passengers who have cruised annually. The CLIA community includes the world’s most prestigious ocean, river, and specialty cruise lines; a highly trained and certified travel agent community; and widespread industry stakeholders, including ports & destinations, ship development, suppliers, and business services. CLIA represents 95% of the world’s ocean-going cruise capacity, as well as 54,000 travel agents, and 15,000 of the largest travel agencies in the world.
The organization’s global headquarters are in Washington, DC, with regional offices located in North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australasia.
- CLIA is the global organization that fosters our members’ success by advocating, educating and promoting the common interests of the cruise community.
- CLIA represents the interests of the cruise industry community.
- 50+ Cruise Lines – From ocean to specialty cruise ships, CLIA lines represent more than 95 percent of global cruise capacity.
- 350+ Executive Partner Members – As key suppliers and partners to the cruise lines, executive partners play a major role in the successful operation of cruising, including ports & destinations, ship development, suppliers and business services.
- 13,000 Global Travel Agency and 50,000 Travel Agent Members – Our travel agency members include the largest agencies, hosts, franchises and consortia in the world.
- CLIA Cruise Lines serve nearly 30 million passengers annually.